Tuesday 24 February 2015

Lagos State Parliament Set To Honor Cleaner Who Returned Found N12M To Owner

Lagos State House of Assembly, on Monday, concluded plans to invite and honor Josephine Agwu, a cleaner at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja Lagos, who found a sum of N12 million, while cleaning a toilet near the screening point of the departure area of the airport, and returned it to the owner.

The small bag containing $27,000 and other currencies, including naira, which added up to N12m, was eventually claimed by a passenger on Emirates Airlines, who was simply identified as Samuel from Anambra State.


In earlier reports, Josephine Agwu who holds an OND in accounting, had said : “If I had taken what doesn’t belong to me, God will punish me. I am content with my N7,800 monthly salary. It was not my money. I believe when it pleases God, He will bless the work of my hands and will make me rich. 

“This is not the first time I am doing this. This is the third time in this airport. The first was in the departure area. It belonged to a Nigerian. The second was at the screening point; it belonged to a white man. Of all, only the white man rewarded me with $50, which I rejected until my colleagues prevailed on me to collect it.” she added.

According to the Nigerian Tribune, the House took the decision to invite Josephine to appear before it at a later date, during its sitting following resumption from a month long recess.

It has, therefore, requested the Clerk of the House, Mr Segun Abiru, to put everything in place to invite the lady to the House.

Deputy Whip of the House, Honourable Rotimi Abiru, had under Matter of Urgent Public Importance, raised the issue which happened on January 23, 2015, calling the attention of his colleagues to the fact that Josephine was returning lost money for the third time.

Abiru said that the affected lady, who earns a monthly salary of N7,800, was given just 50 dollars the second time she found and returned a lost money.

No comments:

Post a Comment