Saturday 31 January 2015

Random Post On Presidential Election From Blog Visitor:

Written By Gozie Anwukah...

Just a random thought. The Nigerian Election is on Valentines day right? will it be a wild projection if I say only about 40% out of 100% percent of lovers will leave their loved ones to hit the polls to cast their vote? with that said, we all know most northerners and Muslims don't celebrate valentines day. In correlation to that, its a no-brainer who the Northerners and Muslims support. Why does this matter anyway (laugh out loud) I feel Buhari will win but the result will say Jonathan won anyways lol (PDP rigging machines). Lets see if things change this time around, although I doubt it. May the best man win, time for critics are over. Continue reading after the cut...


Its understandable if Nigerians supports President Goodluck Jonathan for reelection on the premise that no other viable candidate is running. With that said, any Nigeria who's President Jonathan reelection is based on his previous works,achievements and apriorism should honestly be discredited. GEJ must go. You don't need a second chance after 6yrs of failure.

Nigeria Nigeria How I love you, but y'all are going down the wrong path. Here are our biggest problems simplified and prioritized; Corruption, security & economy. Each is a building block for the other. This is not all of our problem but the main ones. Although some of y'all might disagree with my hierarchy, but lets just agree and see (this won't take too long, read on). Now we have identified our problem, next question is how do we tackle it?

CORRUPTION: "dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power" we have to start from the head of state and trickle down. From the blueprint of history and current situation in Nigeria, who gives you a better chance at fighting corruption, Buhari or Jonathan? We all know Buhari's stand on corruption, a zero tolerance man (although he can be extreme, but Nigeria calls for extreme measures at this time). Jonathan a president embedded with corruption as we all can see. He has created more embezzlers to help protect and support him. When it comes to corruption eradication, my pick is BUHARI (1/3) corruption is everywhere and will always be, what we are talking about is the level of corruption in Nigeria. . now lets move on.

SECURITY: "the state of being free from danger or threat" who gives you a better chance at security? BUHARI or JONATHAN? we all know Buhari's military background, his toughness and brave attitude. Nigeria got no place for a weak president. Jonathan, a civilian with absolutely no military experience or high regards for security. I hope y'all know Boko Haram been around for a while even under Obasanjo. If they tried this nonsense, Obasanjo would level the whole place and damn the consequences and casualties just to attain sanity. Boko Haram killed over 2,000 people the other day and our military said their ammunition finished so they had to run. Where is all our billions? everyday i'm hearing billions missing and everyone acting all deaf. Obasanjo Stole money don't get me wrong, but that man will not gamble with the security of NIgeria.

He is a very intelligent man with a high IQ and a proud military man. Due to similarities, my pick for security is BUHARI (2/3) on to the next Economy.
Economy: From my research, economy was stable during Buhari's time. Buhari made sure Naira never lost its value and made sure the economy stood firm. I really cannot speak on his vision economically because he wasn't in office for that long. I might be forced to give Jonathan a slight edge here. things have changed since then and I can't speak on Buhari's ability to push the economy forward. (Although he can with good ministers and special advisers/advisors). I give Jonathan the edge here despite because he has done a few things positively, but still the economy can't boast of a linear progression (1/3). How can you stabilize an economy with corruption and lack of security?

I don't know how else to simplify this for us Nigerians to realize president Goodluck Jonathan gotta go. over 2,000 dead while the military run out of ammunition and everybody walking around like everything is ok. I know why, because they are killing the northerners and we have grown so much hatred for them. If we don't fight and stop them, when they are finished, we are next. Boko Haram is like a virus although you can't easily kill it , you can suppress it. My people Buhari is not the long time answer, but considering our situation he is the immediate answer. Jonathan after 6yrs already proved his neither a short time nor long time solution. cast you vote with knowledge.I've spent roughly about 1hr everyday reading and digging up information about Buhari (Nigeria's presidential candidate under APC).

I can't speak on his governance due to my lack of knowledge. For Example,I can tell you that Obasanjo has been the best president in my era (unfortunately). With all of that said, from what I'm digging up,Buhari's governance was strict and disciplined that brought about law & order and a level of sanity in Nigeria. I also found out Nigeria's economy was strong and level of corruption was at an all time low (isn't this what we want?). Buhari doesn't have my support yet, maybe I'm looking for more dirt on him (how sad), everything I've found on him aren't strong enough to lead my conviction. I know one thing for sure,Goodluck Jonathan cannot protect Nigeria or push the economy in the right direction. 

I don't want to support Buhari but I might to sooner or later. I honestly can't believe how Nigerians can lie to themselves and defend Jonathan and his governance. That man is sinking that country in a fashion that you will only feel the effect later and not now. In Biology it's called referred pain or reflective pain. The difference in this case is that you wouldn't feel the pain till later. Jonathan came with a new form of embezzlement, instead of just the same 1% embezzling our funds/oil money it increased to 2.5% ,instead of spending the wealth. Nigerians have more millionaires today (majority of them fraudulently using our natural resources). 

I know what your thinking, isn't that a good thing? It would be if the economy is rising not depleting. This is common economic mathematics, you shouldn't be producing more millionaires with a deteriorating economy (Nigerians wake up, your helping Jonathan dig your own grave and generations to come). Jonathan is creating more monsters to loot our natural resources. I'm not an economist, but I feel all you need is common sense and business studies class which I took in primary school. I don't have a problem with people getting rich, but not at the expense of the general populations living standards, security, health and educational privileges. 

I can go on and on, but "a word is enough for the wise" and I promise you Nigeria got a lot of wise and intelligent people because I'm Nigerian and I know for sure I ain't stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment